Shetland's No.1 Noss Wildlife Boat
THE NOSS BOAT
WELCOME to Shetland's Only Naturalist Led Noss Boat Tour Company
PLEASE SEE OUR BLOG TO SEE SST CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT & LATEST NEWS - THANK YOU
• We offer the ultimate Shetland wildlife experience, unrivalled wildlife spectacle, close seabird & seal encounters & photographic opportunities with the awesome Noss 'seabird city' backdrop.
• Join us for a real 'gannet's eye view' with the incredible sight of over 25,000 gannets & thousands of other stunning seabirds around the towering 180m cliffs of Noss NNR. Delight in the beautiful scenic views of Lerwick Harbour, Bressay Lighthouse, the Orkneyman's Cave, Giant's Leg & breathtaking geology around Noss & Bressay. Did somebody shout WHALES? Sightings of Orca are increasing in Shetland waters, they are not guaranteed, but what a bonus when they appear! Check out our gallery pages!
• Unique, spectacular diving gannet feeding frenzy our speciality. We provide the fish, we give you the time! We have recently worked with BBC Springwatch & WildShetland, our boat is used by photographers & film crews from around the world.
• Come and join us, we are #1 on TripAdvisor, have been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award in both 2018 & 2019 & Nature Tourism Award Finalists 2017.
Noss Boat - Ayda Ruby II
• Comfortable, streamlined, stable wildlife cruiser, partial on/off canopy, 360º panoramic viewing, ample room to sit, stand, photograph & enjoy. Our boats low position in the water is perfect for viewing & photographing wildlife.
• Unique benefit of 14 fully upholstered, forward facing seats with backrests for the ultimate comfort at sea. Binoculars at hand for all passengers sponsored by Opticron. TOILET available below deck. A perfect boat for navigating Shetland waters.
• Our famous Noss Boat trips run from April - October every day (weather depending) from Victoria Pier Slipway, Lerwick Harbour, just opposite the Tourist Office. We run scheduled daily boat trips at 09.45am & 12.45pm (departure approx 15 mins later).
• We offer an additional late afternoon departure at 3.45pm on cruise ship days so that both independent holiday passengers & cruise ship passengers don't miss out on a chance to experience one of our scheduled Noss trips.
• Being the photographers boat of choice, we also run scheduled 'Early Bird' sunrise tours for the best of Shetland's early morning light at the cliffs of Noss. These tours depart on Mon, Wed & Sat at 05.45am.
Phil Harris is your highly experienced, naturalist skipper & guide on all boat trips. Both Phil & Rebecca Nason are professional ecologists & birders & have been on the wildlife tour guiding scene since 2005. They have worked "out in the field" for many years, honing their field skills, ready to deliver fun, personal, informative & interesting tours to suit all interests & ages. SST has a responsible, sensitive approach to Shetland's rich marine natural environment & tourism. Conservation & environmental education is fundamental to SST companies ethos.
Small Groups - World Class Experiences
We take up to 12 passengers per trip & are the perfect choice for tour groups visiting Shetland. Shetland Seabird Tours offers you the best guides, the best boat, the best wildlife experiences & without doubt, the best value for money.